Author blog of William A. Young; in-depth writing on travel, culture and adventure
I’ve not had much opportunity to work on this blog for a while, as I’ve been toiling away, putting the finishing touches to my book. I have had the time to read a few, though, and I thought it would be a nice idea to share some of the diverse, interesting things I’ve found around the internet. In no particular order, here are a select few…
– The Tozan Tales; A beautiful little blog about hiking up mountains in Japan.
– Dzjow’s Adventure Log; A brilliant outdoors blog, with some extraordinary photos.
– One Foot Out the Door; A really diverse travel blog, covering some fascinating corners of the world in a very accessible way.
– Berit Ellingsen, Fiction Writer; An up-and-coming writer from Norway, with some wonderful material.
– Grid North; Don’t let the fact this man is my flatmate convince you I am biased in including him- he does occasionally write some interesting stuff! A very nice outdoor blog.
– Hanne T. Fisker Photography; Stunning photos with little snippets of thought. A strong Scandinavian tilt to the content, which I like very much.
– Travel Cathay; A really good blog on travelling in China, with excellent in-depth reports on off-the-beaten track locations.
– Dee Dee Chainey, Writer & Illustrator; Full of folklore, though with more of a fairytale twist than my stuff. Very creative indeed.
– David Lintern; Another excellent outdoors blog, from a man based here in Scotland. Top-notch photography, and an intriguingly diverse approach to writing.
I’ll leave it there, for now- will perhaps revisit this idea periodically, as I remember/come across more stuff. I recommend all these writers/photographers wholeheartedly; their work’s given me a lot of enjoyment and a lot of ideas. Do check them out…